It's been a few weeks since our last update...
In this announcement:
- OCC Clothing Update
- Oakville's Active Transportation Master Plan Update
- PwC Epic Tour Halton - jersey cut off date approaching
- Wellspring Peloton Experience
OCC Clothing Update
Our 2016 clothing order arrived last week and we started distribution this past weekend - the kit looks absolutely fantastic!
A special word of thanks goes out to:
- Jen, Natalie and Owen for helping to sort through 559 items over 250 orders. For context, the shipping statement said the total weight of the order was 219 lbs!
- Bent, Andrew, Richard, Bob and Ed for helping to manage the distribution to members who picked up their orders; we had some very busy periods during our Saturday distribution window!
- and of course, Cyclepath Oakville for letting us use their shop to distribute the clothing
A few notes about the clothing:
- Due to the large size of our order, some items were incorrectly bundled together; we have been tracking the errors and are working as quickly as we can to correct. Our apologies to those who have been impacted and we want to get it to you as soon as possible
- We are determining the next distribution night and will communicate once know. Given we still have a lot of clothing to distribute, it is not likely to be at either of our ride nights this week unless there is a weather cancellation as we cannot get the clothing and our bikes in cars at the same time and we want to ride too .... sorry! :)
- We have heard from about a dozen members that sizing of jerseys does not seem to line up with those tried on during Fit Kits. We will follow up Garneau this week and provide this feedback; we are not sure what their response will be and we will communicate their response out to those who have purchased clothing.
Oakville's Active Transportation Master Plan Update
The Town of Oakville’s Active Transportation Master Plan (ATMP) recommends an extensive network of on-road and off-road paths for a range of users, age and skill level. Since 2009, the town has added 185 kms of bike lanes, multi-use trails, sidewalks and signed bike routes and installed 110 bike racks across Oakville.
It’s time to update the ATMP
This year, the town will be initiating the first update to the existing ATMP to assess current conditions and develop an improved implementation plan to expand the network, and promote cycling and walking in Oakville.
We want to hear from you! Attend our public information centre
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
Black Box Theatre, Queen Elizabeth Park Community Centre
2302 Bridge Road
Drop-in/registration begins at 6:30 p.m. At 7 p.m. there will be a brief presentation followed by interactive and engaging activities. The activities are meant to gather your thoughts on how to help shape the future vision for walking and cycling, and to provide input on existing and future infrastructure and outreach programs.
Can’t make the meeting? Online feedback and more details
Visit oakville.ca and search “ATMP” for more information about the project. There you will also find two ways to provide input:
Our online survey about your current transportation habits and preferences.
Our online mapping tool where you can identify walking and cycling opportunities, barriers and destinations based on the existing routes and the routes identified in the 2009 ATMP.
PwC Epic Tour Halton - jersey cut off date approaching
As you are likely aware, the PwC Epic Tour Halton is a local Gran Fondo raising funds for Halton Healthcare, supporting the Oakville, Milton District, Georgetown and Joseph Brant Hospital Foundations. This years event runs on Sunday September 11th and is typically well supported by OCC members.
If you are interested in signing up, consider doing so before 11:59 pm on June 22nd to be eligible for an event jersey included in your registration. More details can be found at http://www.epictour.ca/
Wellspring Peloton Experience
The Wellspring Ride for Cancer Support charity ride has reached out to the club in an effort to gain potential participants. Please see details below, and if you sign up, remember to register your ride as part of our OCC Charity Donation program. Here's the details:
Join the Fun! Help make a difference in the lives of those living with cancer.
Participating in the Wellspring Ride for Cancer Support, Peloton Experience takes nothing more than a little advance preparation, a bicycle, and a big heart to help those living with cancer receive the vital support they need throughout their challenging journey.
The Peloton Experience is the perfect single-day ride, complete with breathtaking scenery, the camaraderie of other Wellspring supporters and the exhilaration of completing a life-challenge.
WHAT: A single-day ride with the option to choose the distance of your Experience - The Classic (60 km) OR The Turnaround (110 km)
WHEN: September 24, 2016
START LINE: Grounds of Wellspring Birmingham Gilgan House, 2545 Sixth Line, Oakville, ON L6H 7V9
To be guaranteed your jersey size, register by July 18, 2016. Click here to register today!
ABOUT Wellspring Ride for Cancer Support
The Wellspring Ride for Cancer Support is comprised of two cycling events in support of individuals and families living with cancer in the GTA. The Peloton Challenge is a supported relay ride from Toronto, Ontario to Miami, Florida taking place from Sept. 24 to Sept. 30, 2016. Five Pelotons of 6 riders will travel over 3,000 km in 7 days. The Peloton Experience is the opportunity to join the Peloton Challenge riders on the first 60 km of their journey to the Niagara Escarpment. Those looking for an extra challenge can turn around to return to Oakville for a total of 110 km.
Have a great week!